I was involved in a good discussion recently involving the website Pinterest. Some ladies think that Pinterest may lead to discontentment. Others felt that it was a great tool. I can certainly see both sides of the argument. My side is that I use it for inspiration and ideas. I think I can replicate ideas pretty well, but my creativity seems to be pretty limited on its own. This weekend I decided to tackle a huge problem in my kitchen. I have a large double lower cabinet - the only one in the kitchen. It had a half shelf. It wasn't even deep enough to hold my pie plates. I've tried over and over to organize the cabinet. I purged, I grouped like items, I did everything the organization gurus told me to do, but I only ended up with a mess of falling pans, cake plates, and mixing bowls. And then... I saw this at Pinterest and my brain sparked to life. So simple - why didn't I think of it?
I'm kicking myself for not taking before photos of my cabinet because it was just so incredibly terrible. It'd look more impressive if you could see the before and after. A little MDF and a little quarter round and voila! A huge improvement with just a little effort and some creativity from Pinterest.
The next step will be painting my all my cheap laminate cabinets white. Thankfully, Pinterest has a link for that one, too!
0 comments:
Post a Comment