Week in Review: Jan. 16 - 20, 2012
It was a better week! YAY!
I apologize in advance for the terrible pics this week.
Math It was a tough week for BamBam. He worked on adding a 3-5 hundreds numbers. He did an okay job, but would sometimes forget to carry over the ten or twenty from the ones column. It was tough work with lots of opportunities to make mistakes. However, he stuck with it. By Friday, he had only missed a couple of problems. I'm proud of him. Primpress was excited to formally venture into subtraction in MUS. She loves it.
Primpress's math sheet
Language Arts I think my weekly review in language arts is getting boring. We completed spelling - 100% on spelling tests for both Primpress and BamBam. We completed writing. We completed grammar. BamBam is still working on adjectives. Primpress is working on verbs. Yawn. That's okay - while it's not exciting, they are doing fabulous.
A piece of BamBam's narration/dictation. Not his best, but he did well considering the circumstances.
History I love history. It was another fun week. We talked about the Peloponnesian War and the Persians attempting to invade Greece. In true homeschool fashion, BamBam set up his army men to re-enact the Pelopennesian War. He decided to re-write history because he likes Athens better and thinks they should have won against Sparta! Hahaha!
BamBam's map showing the Persian invasion and the Battle of Salamis.
Other The kids learned about airfoils, thrust, and drag in Science this week with Daddy Jayhawk. (Note to self: get a pic of the kids' science notebooks for next week.) We ended the week with a trip to Science City with Papa Ron. Thanks to my Mom, we now have a year-long pass. We had never been before. It was phenomenal. The kids seemed a bit overwhelmed at first, but it didn't them long to start playing with every hands-on exhibit. We were there for HOURS. No, I didn't take any pics :( Wish I would have taken the point-and-shoot.
In Bible we are learning more about Jesus's life; his visit with John the Baptist, his miraculous healings.
Primpress's Bible Coloring Sheet
It's so nice to feel back to normal. Have a great week!
2 comments:
Looks like a productive week!
I love that he has Athens win.
Post a Comment