Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week in Review: Jan. 23-27, 2012

The pictures this week are from the point and shoot. I didn't take any of them, and they don't relate to homeschooling at all. They are simply there for Grandma's benefit. :) Next week I will have school pictures. It's been scheduled into my daily calendar task list.

Monday is Dessert Night - this week we went to PeachWave - YUMMMMM!


Math BamBam continued to work on adding multiples numbers that are into the thousands place. He's worked hard at it and continued to persevere even when it was challenging for him. Primpress is working on simple subtraction. She loves it. She's my mathy child.

Baby Bear - he's a complete mess with yogurt

Language Arts BamBam worked on linking verbs and present and past tenses. He picked it right up! Thank you Rod & Staff for making such a straight forward grammar book. Primpress was in a sort of review week, both nouns and verbs. BamBam had an excellent week in Writing With Ease. His narrations are getting so much better. Yay!

Seamus is asking for his yogurt. That boy loves to eat.

History Alexander the Great and his horse, Bucephalus! Terrific week. Who knew I liked history so much? The kids are loving it. Next week we move to the Americas - BamBam is already excited about the Machu Picchu books I've brought home from the library.

Baby Bear's "Boat" - I think he was inspired by the story of Noah and the Ark.

Other We've started a new Bible reading program, and it is going great! We appreciate the study guide. The children have really gotten into the Bible, moreso than our Bible coloring pages. In the Bible coloring pages, we learned about Jesus addressing the Pharisees. I realized our memory program has fallen along the wayside. At the point, I think it's going to remain there until I have time to fully incorporate it into our day. Daddy Jayhawk is still working on science, and I should have a science experiment to blog about next week.

In other news, Primpress lost both of her two front teeth this week. It's a busy time for the Tooth Fairy.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

MissMOE January 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM  

Sounds like a great week. We are fans of Rod and Staff also.

Kathy February 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM  

Thanks for the pics! Love ya!

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP