Week in Review: Jan. 3-6, 2012
I'm keepin' it real this week.
The table is covered in school work, JIF peanut butter, crackers, and half-drank orange juice litter the table, and the kids are nowhere to be found.
It really wasn't that bad. In fact, it was a great week. This just happens to be one of the very few pictures I took this week. The table mess struck me as funny. (And I don't endorse JIF - we usually eat Smuckers Natural, but the JIF was left over from Christmas cookies - I'm not buying the expensive, all-natural, no sugar added peanut butter just to add a bunch of sugar to make it into peanut butter cookies. haha!)
Tuesday was a rough day. BamBam had to have a toenail removed. It did not go well. There were several people in tears before it was all over with. :( And then I had to take Seamus in for his well-child in the afternoon. I *thought* he didn't have to have shots, but I was wrong. Not a fun day. But on the upside, the rest of the week went great! It ended with Punk and his ROTC team coming in second at the drill meet!
Math What a fantastic week in math. BamBam learned how to count, read, and say numbers into the thousands, ten thousands, and hundred thousands place. I wish I would have taken a picture of him when he realized that he could read numbers that high in value. It was one of those "This is why I homeschool" moments. Priceless! Primpress worked on addition to 9. It was a cake walk for her. Good thing, too, because I squeezed in 5 days of work into 4.
Language Arts Still working through OPGTR with PrimPress. It's going very well, if not slowly. The slowness is not due to her, it's due to me not always being disciplined to work it into our day. BamBam picked up The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe out of our basement books and has been reading through it. I keep saying it over and over, but I really do need to come up with a better plan for his reading. Writing and grammar went very well. We completed Week 19 in WWE 1 and 2. BamBam has moved into adjectives, and PrimPress is working on verbs.
History "This is SPARTA!" I asked Daddy Jayhawk if I could just show the movie 300 to the kids for our chapter on Sparta. Hey, who doesn't love Gerard Butler, especially in that movie? We stuck to the SOTW script and read about the Athenians and the Spartans. We colored a picture of a Spartan warrior, we made Greek paper dolls, worked on mapwork of Greece, and added another mini-book to our lapbooks.
Other Daddy Jayhawk is working diligently on science. I'll update more on that soon. In Bible studies we learned about brave Queen Ester and Nehemiah and Ezra leading God's people back to Him. It was 70 degrees one day this week - lots of outdoor play time! Allow me to brag on my PrimPress. She is becoming such a huge help in the kitchen. She loves to cook right alongside me. She prepared homemade salad dressing and the salad that went with it. She uses my big chefs' knife to cut up carrots. What a joy she is!
Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
I love your photos. How do you manage to take such great ones, even of a messy table?
Sorry for all the pain your little ones endured this week :( - glad it went well otherwise!
The reason your kids are so amazing is because their mom is so awesome (and dad too!)
I think you maybe a little biased. :)
Post a Comment