Week in Review: Mar. 19-23, 2012
Whew, what a week!
It's technically the following week (March 26). It has taken me that long to recover. I don't know what it was, but the week exhausted me.
Math BamBam continued to work on multiple digit subtraction. Primpress did more subtraction review. She has them all down, except for the 8s. What is it with the number 8 that gives kids such a problem? In MM, both the kids worked with shapes and measurement. They love getting out the rulers.
Fun with Math Mammoth
Language Arts BamBam worked on his last week of paragraphs before taking the test. Primpress did MORE review in FLL, but thankfully we got to add a new poem (Mr. Nobody). Writing went very well this week. I love those weeks when it just seems to flow.
Primpress showing off her spelling test.
History It's a good thing we caught up in history last week, because this week was another double chapter week (oh yes, I'm learning my lesson - we won't be having double chapter weeks next year)! Nothing like jumping from Confucius to Julius Caesar. What WAS I thinking last fall when I planned those two weeks together? I HAD a plan, but I forgot what it was by the time this week rolled around. :) Anyhow, the kids loved it. "Hey, Confucius is just like Buddha." And wow - who doesn't love Julius Caesar's pirate kidnapping? Once the word pirate left my lips, the kids were hooked. Next week will be fun, too. Caesar fights the Celts.
We had more, but this was all that was left after a trip to the library.
Other We did all the other other stuff. :) Bible, lots of nature walks (complete with a snake sighting).
Forget Summer Break, I'm pulling for a Spring Break that last 3 months.
| That's a big blue blanket in the foreground. We had the entire playground to ourselves. |
Have a great week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment