A New Dress
The Primpress has been a little upset over the cold weather. She only likes to wear dresses and her fall/winter dress collection is a bit sparse. I've looked in all the stores, but it seems that most dresses that would fit her body are WAY too mature looking for her. I came across the cutest little website, The Handmade Dress. I downloaded her Miss Madeline dress last night, made a quick trip to JoAnn's, and this morning I started cutting and sewing the dress together.
It was the EASIEST pattern I've ever followed. Everything fit together perfectly. I was a bit leary, because I've never printed off a clothing pattern off the internet before. It was such a success, I'm going back for the Miss Mary pattern tonight. Wonder if I can talk Daddy Jayhawk into yet another trip to JoAnn's?
Please excuse the uncombed hair on the Primpress. It was still in the AM when I finished the dress. (Another testament to how easily and quickly this pattern went together!)
The front with the cute apron. I used double-sided interfacing to add the flower detail.
The back. She hasn't taken it off since I snapped this picture this morning. She LOVES it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment