Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Lapbook - The Beginning

Thanksgiving School began today. I decided on a lapbook project rather than cobble together my own resources. SOOOOO glad that I did. Overheard: "This is so much fun" and "I like this better than math" (which was immediately followed by counting three groups of three. Haha! I'm so sneaky at working in math - they didn't even notice!)

We started off with this book:


Pilgrim's First Thanksgiving by McGovern


We learned about the 5Ws. The children answered W questions about Thanksgiving.


And we did lots of cutting and pasting. These became pop-up questions/answers regarding the Pilgrims.

The kids are looking forward to tomorrow's projects. I am, too. I think I'll be incorporating lapbooks into their studies more often!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP