Friday, February 4, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing



I'm a little behind already in the 52 Weeks of Organizing, but that's okay. I have a lot on my plate to get ready before the little one shows up. This week I tackled the basement shelves next to my computer desk. They were out of control. Everything just got piled up and thrown up there and there was no organization to it at all. Oh, and just excuse the striped wall. It was a failed painting experiment.



See that top shelf? It's mostly photographs in envelopes. They are too large to fit into my photograph boxes, so they just got piled up there. Once I started going through it, I found lots of pieces of paper that were just trash. How they ended up there, I don't know.

The middle shelf was just a hodgepodge of stuff. I pared it down and grouped like items together.

The bottom shelf held papers from Punk's homeschooling days. I cleaned it all out and it felt so good!

And, the after.



The large basket on the top shelf now holds the photographs too large to fit in the photo boxes (on the middle shelf). The other two boxes on the top shelf hold envelopes and transparency sheets. I'd like to have something prettier, but for right now I'm making do with what I have.

The middle shelf has a red container on the left filled with sheet protectors and legal size paper. Empty binders that will soon be in use with Tapestry of Grace are next to the red bin. On the right are my photo boxes.

The bottom shelf has a box for my colored paper and a small bin for holding my sticker maker, sticky tabs, and a small box of CD covers. In the blue bin are empty file folders.

I could so easily add more to the shelves, and I even have another piece of shelving that I can add. As I work my way through the abyss known as the basement desk area, I'm sure I'll continue to organize and refine my system. But this is a good start.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP