Week in Review: Aug. 15-19, 2011
Our second full week of school is in the books.
I'm out of practice, so I didn't get pics of the kids doing their school-thang. They did great. Flying through math, begging for reading, enjoying our read-aloud (The Water-Horse), and having fun. Since I had no pics of the kids, you're stuck with these organizational photos.
Do you see this?
Yep - 18 weeks planned AND there's another storage box full of the last 18 weeks sitting underneath it. That makes for the entire year of school planned, copied, and ready to go! (This week starts with Week 3 because I've already filed this past week's papers and am ready to go for next Monday). I also decided to go with numbered weeks instead of dates so that my OCD-self wouldn't go into a tizzy if we needed to take an unexpected break. I've never been this organized - not even when I taught public school!
Everything is recorded in individual plan books. I thought about having just one planbook, like I did last year, but I had to keep noting if BamBam or Primpress or both had completed the work. It was a mess last year, so this year each child has his/her own planbook (which is really just a record book, because I don't write in the books until we've completed the work).
Pencils sharpened? Check. (I like that the teacher on the mug looks like me - hair flying all over the place!)
And finally, the piece de resistance, this week I found this kid's lunch idea list on Pinterest. Oh man. I love it.
I'll be back next week - I'll include pics of the kids and legitimate schoolwork. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment