Week in Review: Nov. 7-11, 2011
Math BamBam is working on adding dollars and cents. He's coming along quite nicely! Primpress started her addition doubles facts. She says this is an easy chapter. Yay! The kids are working with 3's and 4's subtraction facts in Math Mammoth. A few weeks ago I thought I needed to add some sort of addition facts review to our math curriculum, but the kids are starting to internalize their math facts. Another yay!
Working on math while eating breakfast.
Language Arts BamBam's writing is progressing well. Primpress has hit a couple of difficult chapters in writing. Her listening skills are being stretched. It's fun to watch the children be challenged and then grow.
Reading has mostly been "quiet reading time" around here this week. It's been quite pleasant. I'll be adding in more quiet reading time to our schedule.
It was a review week in spelling, which made for a very easy week. Yay for easy weeks!
I completely dropped the ball on memory work. I probably won't pick that ball back up until after Thanksgiving.
Working on what we call 'extra fun math'
History It was one of those rare double chapter weeks in history. We covered both the return of the Assyrian empire and the Phoenicians. The coloring sheet of a Phoenician boat was a huge hit. Our corresponding library books are just now trickling in because the teacher forgot to put them on hold last week. ;) We will continue to review the two chapters even as we move along in history. We also added to our lapbooks.
Other The above picture sums it up. My little Seamus, at only 7 months, is pulling himself to standing. *sigh* This is WAY too soon!
Baby Bear asked me to teach him how to do school. Awwww! Of course, sweet heart. I wrote his name. He told me that my "i" needed a circle over the top of it. He makes me smile. :) He's learned quite a bit more than I give him credit for.
Up the next two weeks... three days of school, two days off, weekend, two days of school, three days off. YAY!
0 comments:
Post a Comment