Book a Week 2012 #2
Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry by Katrina Kenison
This small book is a collection of the author's essays on mothering. I found the book rewarding and introspective. I could only read a few essays at a time because I felt there was so much to digest, particularly in how I could incorporate peacefulness into my home. A couple of my highlights included keeping the Sabbath, honoring the dailiness of life, and story-telling. There were a few parts that left me scratching my head. Judging by the title, I thought this book was geared towards those who profess a belief in God. However, the prayers she shares do not mention or thank God, but rather seem to focus on nature. *shrug* It's not a deal-breaker for me, and I would simply replace her prayers for my own. I enjoyed the book and could imagine re-reading it in the future as a reminder to stop and smell the roses with my children.
----
I don't want to give anyone a false impression of my reading habits. I tend to read several books at one time and then finish them all around the same time (normally right before they are due back at the library). You'll probably see several reviews in a short time span and then a long break while I read through several more books. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment