Book a Week 2012 #1
Little Sugar Addicts: End the Mood Swings, Meltdowns, Tantrums, and Low Self-Esteem in Your Child Today by Kathleen DesMaisons
I'm not prepared to go sugar-free just yet, so it seems like an unusual book for me to pick up. However, I really appreciate this book. It is not just for those looking to go sugar-free. It is also for those wanting to incorporate healthier-eating habits. What I like best about this book is the author's insistence on progress, not perfection. "Doing it imperfectly, doing baby steps, groping toward making it happen, everyone got the same results [what she calls the big kid equivalent of the easy baby]."
The author includes recipes in the back of the book. I haven't tried any of them yet, but they don't look that appetizing. At this point in my life, I'd rather forgo desserts than to have one made without any sugar or sweetener. Right now, I'm pretty happy with all foods in moderation, with sugar falling in the "less moderate" category.
Overall, thumbs up. I recommend the book.
1 comments:
Sounds like a book I need to read. :)
Post a Comment