Week in Review: Feb. 20-24, 2012
Math BamBam and Primpress continued working with time, time order, and calendars this week in Math Mammoth. BamBam finished up his chapter on time in MUS and began (drumroll please) subtraction with borrowing! He caught on quickly and got every single problem correct! Woo-hoo!!!! Let me tell you, I was nervous about teaching it. Crazy props for MUS and decimal street. Primpress is working on subtraction with 8s. She's doing well with it.
KP playing with Playdough (and a bit blown out - sorry)
Language Arts BamBam's spelling is starting to transition into cursive writing, so we will be adding a cursive writing program to his workload. For spelling, he worked on words that have vowel pairs that make a long vowel sound. Primpress had an easy review week in spelling.
Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles - yep, BamBam is still reading this series. That's okay. He'll be finished soon. Primpress is reading Pollyanna. Primpress also completed four lessons in OPGTR. She's still working on r-controlled vowels.
Paragraphs were on tap for BamBam's grammar this week. He's learning about indentation and subjects. He completed five lessons this week. Primpress is reviewing seasons and months of the year in First Language Lessons, again. I know FLL works, but the repetition is beginning to slowly kill me... haha!
In writing, BamBam worked on narration with The Elephant's Child. He had a lot of fun with it. On Monday he read ahead for the entire week. Primpress worked with Pollyanna. It worked out well since she is reading the book this week.
History One word. Gladiators.
Our history books this week. The book on the far left is Rome Antics.
Other Rock Chalk KU! Thank you, Tyshawn! Okay, now with that out of the way... Daddy Jayhawk is teaching the little ones how to play chess. I know how each piece moves, but I have yet to learn the strategy behind the game. I think I'm going to be losing quite a few chess games in the very near future.
Seamus was able to reach our seedlings. There was some damage.
Poor seedlings.
We will try again with new seeds this weekend.
The weather is turning nicer. I even got to air out the house this week. I'm ready for spring!
Have a great week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment