Monday, March 12, 2012

Book a Week Update





Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Lapin - Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm only to the first chapter and I already think EVERYONE should read this book. It's a personal finance/business book. I'll be purchasing this one.

One Thousand Gifts by Voskamp - I won't be reading this one. Her style of writing and my brain's style of processing information do not mesh. I was hoping her book was a bit more readable than her blog, but it's not. I'm sure she has wonderful thoughts to share. I would like to develop my gratitude, but this book is not for me. And who starts a book describing your mother's ring of fire from your birth? 

Memories Before and After The Sound of Music by Agathe Von Trapp - This book was recommended here on the TWTM. I'm halfway through it and enjoying it.

Artemis Fowl - need to start it at the request of my oldest son (he just finished reading it and wants me to read it, too).

The Feast Nearby by Mather - Another WTM recommendation. I'm loving it. Almost finished with it. I was inspired to cook up a bunch of food. I now have 6 bags of homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer. 

29 Gifts by Walker - Another WTM recommendation. I'm liking this better than the first paragraph of Voskamp's book, even though it's not a "Chrisitian" book. I'm about halfway through this one.

MBS and the Perilous Journey - I haven't started this one yet. It's supposed to be a happy easy read, but obviously, I have lots of other reading.

A Garden of Eden in Hell - I'm very excited to read this book! Written by a Holocaust survivor, she describes her happiness with her life. I came across the book from this poston Michael Hyatt's blog. It's worth a few minutes of your time to pop over, read the post, and if you have time, watch the interview with the author.

And uh, yeah, that's Melville on the bottom (actually, that's National Geographic magazine on the bottom). I gave myself permission to not read Moby Dick, yet it still sits next to my head every night.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP