Week in Review: March 5 - 9, 2012
Math BamBam has worked hard this week on telling time. I appreciate the way MUS keeps coming back to telling time (shhh, it's almost a spiral approach - hehe). Primpress continues to work on subtraction. She's getting quite good at it. She likes to put a little "B" next to each problem she uses the blocks to help her solve. She's making a game out of it, and trying to complete her math work with as few "B"s as possible.
Language Arts Both BamBam and Primpress aced their spelling tests this week. Now, if they would just apply what they have learned to their own writing. They often ask me to spell words for them. In the past, I've rattled of the spelling. I've started asking them, "How do you think it's spelled?" It's working!
BamBam is reading Inkheart this week. Yay for no more Spiderwick Chronicles, at least for him. Primpress has picked up book #1 in the series now. She also worked on her r-controlled words again this week in OPGTR.
More review in grammar. Primpress is reviewing nouns, pronouns, and action verbs. BamBam is working on word choice and subject matter in paragraphs.
In writing, we continue to march on. It's feeling a bit like drudgery to me, but the kids don't seem to be feeling it. I hope they don't catch my attitude.
History We read through two chapters this week - Hannibal and the castes of India. Yeah, they don't go together, but that's the problem when I skip a week of history and try to catch up. We are *still* behind, but we should get caught up this week if we read through 2 more chapters. I vow to never let history slide for an entire week again. I will plan history breaks, if needed, but I will not skip. I should write that 100 times on the board. Ohhh, I've learned my lesson.
I'm still learning my iPhone. I've actually accomplished quite a bit this week, including learning a bit about Evernote. I'm in the middle of setting up my home processes into Evernote. It's awesome! The kids clothes are getting photographed and logged, so I know exactly how many shirts, pants, etc. Right now I know that BamBam does NOT need anymore shirts. :) I'm also transitioning our woefully-behind paper-based log of what's in our freezer to Evernote. Exciting stuff, I tell ya! And one thing I learned this morning? How to upload a photograph from my phone. Here is the one school-related photograph I took this week:
Who says math has to be done at the table?
Other We did all the other usuals. We're still learning about Jesus' life in our Bible coloring sheets. For some reasons, the kids are consumed with bugs. Not literally. :) The majority of the libraries books checked out this week were all about bugs. We've also enjoyed some nice weather and great walks. I'm loving the nicer weather - bring on summer! Have a great week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment