Friday, January 14, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing



I've informally joined the 52 Weeks of Organizing plan over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. My first area of attack was the upstairs freezer. It was overflowing and becoming dangerous whenever someone opened it.

The nasty before:





Some things got moved to the deep freeze downstairs, some got thrown out (over 2 years old!!!), and everything in general got a deep clean. I'm still tempted to throw out the pot pies because no one eats them. I'm not even sure why we have them. The top shelf hold meats (both raw and pre-cooked) on the left side, and frozen breakfast items on the ride side. The bottom left shelf holds frozen fruits for smoothies, and the bin on the right contains the ice packs for Daddy Jayhawk's lunches.

And the clean and organized after:





--------

Daddy Jayhawk and I also cleaned out the master bedroom closet. Unfortunately, we forgot to document the process, but I'm still counting it towards my 52 areas of organization. We ended up donating three large bags to Savers! I'll need new clothes once I have the baby and lose my baby weight. So much of what I had was very old and ill-fitting. Daddy Jayhawk, on the other hand, has lots of clothes! We were both shocked at how much he had that was in great condition and fit. All of our shoes now fit nicely in the closet. We also have the family's sheets nicely organized in the closet, as well. It's so refreshing to open the closet and know that EVERYTHING I have in there fits and is ready-to-wear.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP