Week in Review January 10-14, 2011
Math BamBam continued to work on subtraction. He also spent some free time reviewing his addition facts. The Primpress worked on counting by two's. Thanks to the skip counting CD that comes with Math-U-See, she breezed right through the week's work. She also spent time this week reviewing her new math facts.
Language Arts BamBam started working on multisyllabic words this week. He's also reading through The Chalk Box Kid. We've started and stopped this book so many times, it's embarrassing. It's not him, it's me. I'm bound and determined to follow all the way through this time. And if I don't, we're skipping the book and moving on. :) The Primpress has moved on to vowel digraphs, specifically 'ai' and 'ay' this week. She caught on quickly. I'll need to start her on reading books beyond Bob books in the next few weeks. I'll use the reading list from the Sonlight catalog, just as I do for BamBam.
Other After enjoying Bach last week, this week we listened to Mozart. BamBam has also taken over the responsibility of choosing classical music to listen to during dinner. We've been on again/off again with the music during dinner, and it's nice to be on again.
We've added to our Memory Box the poem Jonathan Bing by Beatrice Curtis Brown. We're officially half-way through the first year of IEW's Poetry Memorization. I doubt we'll make it all the way through this first year, but that's okay with me. My long-range goal is to have the kids complete the entire book by the 6th grade - I have plenty of time. We also added John 3:16 to the box.
Poor old Jonathan Bing
Went out in his carriage to visit the King,
But everyone pointed and said, "Look at that!
Jonathan Bing has forgotten his hat!"
(He'd forgotten his hat!)
Poor old Jonathan Bing
Went home and put on a new hat for the King,
But by the palace the soldier said, "Hi!
You can't see the King; you've forgotten your tie!"
(He'd forgotten his tie!)
Poor old Jonathan Bing,
He put on a beautiful tie for the King,
But when he arrived, and Archbishop said, "Ho!
You can't come to court in pajamas, you know!"
Poor old Jonathan Bing
Went home and addressed a short note to the King:
"If you please will excuse me, I won't come to tea;
For home's the best place for all people like me!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment