Friday, October 21, 2011

Week in Review: Oct. 17-21, 2011

A quick week in review...

Math Primpress finished up her +9 unit today with flying colors - 100% on her test! BamBam is working on nickels and dimes. He's doing very well with it. He had a question on his math paper this morning that said, "Would you rather have 5 nickels or 4 dimes?" BamBam wrote that he'd rather have 5 nickels. When I asked him about the question, he was able to tell me that 5 nickels equals 25 cents and 4 dimes equals 40 cents. So why did he want 5 nickels? He wants 5 nickels because he has a lot of dimes. He needs more nickels. What a hoot!



Language Arts I still need to buckle down with reading. Both the kids are avid readers, so I sometimes don't spend as much time as I should giving instruction. Primpress is progressing nicely in First Language Lessons. She thoroughly knows her nouns. BamBam is working on verbs this weeks. In writing, I've been more intentional with having the children give good answers and narrations.



History We learned about the Middle Kingdom of Egypt this week. We touched on the Sahara desert, the Hyksos, and the Nubians. We also completed another mini-book for our lapbook.



Other I'm doing better. We snuck in some Schubert for music. I think I'm on track for us to work through our art unit next week. We finished reading our latest read-aloud, Gooney Bird Green. This is a great book, and I'll revisit it when it comes to writing and story-telling ideas. And while we didn't get to all of our history supplements, I'm prepared to do a very simple narration and worksheet for a book next week.

And yes Mom, I'll take more pics of the kids. :)

Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

MissMOE October 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

I'm not familiar with Gooney Bird Green, but Lois Lowry is a favorite author here. We'll have to check it out--Thanks for sharing.

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP