Friday, October 7, 2011

Week in Review: Oct. 3-7, 2011

 The kids showing their best dragon faces. (Photo by my Dad)

Monday morning my Dad called. He was on his way to our house. We kicked school into high gear. By the time he arrived, we were mostly finished with school (he lives about an hour and half away). We put everything not finished in the queue for Tuesday and headed for the zoo! Yay for homeschooling flexibility!

BamBam at the zoo. (Photo by my Dad)

Primpress at the zoo. (Photo by my Dad). Sorry it's so little.

Little Seamus rolled over from his back to his belly for the first time earlier this week. By the end of this week, he has become a rolling pro!


Math - BamBam flew through addition with regrouping. He finished the test today! Primpress has been working on +2s and is now learning how to solve for an unknown. I love how MUS slips basic algebra skills into the lower levels. Both kids are working on subtraction in Math Mammoth.

Baby Bear having fun at the zoo! (Photo by my Dad)

Language Arts - BamBam finished The Littles yesterday. He'll have a free reading day today and we'll start Third Grade Detectives #2 on Monday. Primpress continues to read her Bible.

BamBam's narration for The Jungle Book

Primpress's copywork

A couple weeks ago I bought (well, got it for free during a sale) Scholastic's Mini Reference Books. I finally got around to putting together the Super Spelling Dictionary after I spent an entire day spelling words for the kids while they wrote books. Whenever they ask me to spell a word, they write the word into their new dictionary. They LOVE their personal dictionaries! I wish I would have done this about a year ago.


Other - We completed all the regular schoolwork. First Language Lessons, Rod and Staff Grammar, and History (including a mini-book for our on-going SOTW 1 lapbook). I have been remiss in getting to a new read-aloud. I have a book at the library waiting for me to pick it up. It's okay though, Daddy Jayhawk has been reading each evening.

Punk at the zoo. (Photo by my Dad)

Punk has decided that he's starting a garage band. You know if you have a teenage boy that at some point he'll want to start a garage band. It cracks me up!


Totally off-topic, but it makes me happy. Mrs. Meyer's new Honeysuckle scent. You'd think that if I liked it so much I'd spend more time cleaning the house... haha!


We're off to the Pumpkin Patch! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kristie October 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Awe, great pics ;)...and yes, yay for homeschool flexibility!

Regena October 7, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Lovely photos! My son's band was a "basement band," LOL.... We visited a pumpkin patch this past week, too. My youngest is getting so grown up that this may be the last year for that for us and I'm sad about that.... They grow up fast, don't they?

Regena

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP