Friday, December 16, 2011

Week in Review: Dec. 12 - 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Soulmate, my Best Friend, and father of my children. I love you Daddy Jayhawk!

AND Happy Birthday to BamBam (tomorrow) My silly, smart, and thoughtful child!


Math BamBam completed his unit on measurement and has moved on to perimeter. He's having a blast measuring the birthday and Christmas gifts to find their perimeter. I know a unit has been successful when the kids incorporate the lesson into their play. Primpress is working on addition facts that equal ten. She's completing her worksheets in record time (because she knows that every answer is 10 - haha!)


Language Arts BamBam worked on the Pied Piper of Hamelin in WWE this week. I was quite impressed - I've always found poetry a little intimidating, but he took right to it. It must be the English-loving-Daddy-Jayhawk genes. We also touched on interjections. They are fun to teach! Primpress was excited to write about The Relunctant Dragon. After reading the excerpts from the WWE workbook last year, we checked the book out from the library and read it. Primpress remembered the book and was looking forward to it! Both BamBam and Primpress are working on pronouns in grammar and doing well. As we get closer to Christmas, I'm allowing for more reading time. BamBam, Primpress, and BabyBear will spend an hour or two in the mornings reading. I like this idea. Maybe I can squeeze in a little morning reading time, too. :)

I require ties here at Conner Academy. They must be clip-on, worn with a collarless shirt, and clash horrifically with your shirt.

Other In history we've covered more of the Greeks. We've read about Cyclops, Odysseus, and King Midas.  (okay, so that's not true history, but it sure is fun!). The kids learned about the Greek alphabet and wrote their names in Greek. We also worked more on our lapbooks, and boy, are they getting thick. In our Bible studies, we read about Isaiah. How nicely it ties in with the birth of Christ.


Punk is in the middle of semester final exams. He wraps up school on Tuesday. As for us, we will hit the half-way point, 18 weeks, next week. I can't believe that we are almost halfway through the school year - sometimes it seems like we just got started. Next semester I'm moving us to a 6 weeks on, 1 week off schedule. I'm hoping that I can accomplish some larger projects during the off week.

And yep, I know that I still need to get a pic of Seamus up here. He's such a cutie. He crawls all over the place and gets into everything. Have a great weekend! And for those of you who have finished your first semester, Congrats and enjoy your break!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Homeschooling Mom to 5 beautiful children.

Daddy Jayhawk = My husband. Best. Husband. Ever.

Punk = 16 yo son in public high school

BamBam = 8 yo son, homeschools

Primpress = 7 yo daughter, homeschools

KP, aka Baby Bear = 4 yo son, makes messes

Seamus = 1 yo son, absolute chaos

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP